Thursday 7 October 2010

So it was a sound investment.

 As a part of my summer brief I was to research Milton Glaser, one of the greatest, most successful Graphic designers of the 20th century. Glaser has designed for everything from Louis Armstrong LP covers to beer bottle labels for Brooklyn Brewery. He designed the I Love New York slogan, which is in my opinion is the most reproduced and recognisable design today. I decided to merge Glaser's slogan with my own summer project, 'The Barras', a famous market place in Glasgow. Incorporating the iconic Glasgow 'Barras' gate with Glaser's work, I came up with the graphic seen here.
  On a side project from my summer brief I decided to have my printed on to t-shirts and bags, which I could sell in the actual market itself. I managed to off load two or three t-shirts there before starting back at University in Dundee and allow the t-shirt printing studio I used in Glasgow to sell my design for a fee, my first design sale, and the sales continue! 

"Tshirts for sale! 2 for a pound."


No comments:

Post a Comment